This is one of the articles that has taken me a while to decide to write. I also share this information knowing that is it not the happy marketing pill magic that most people want to hear, but it is the truth and it has been on my heart and I have a sacred contract to always bring you the truth.
There are many of you going to bed at night worried, confused, and tired. I know because you have told me and I know because I have been there. You are taking your client’s challenges, hiccups, failures, and fears with you. You are taking responsibility for them and just as you cannot take responsibility for their success, you cannot take responsibility for what doesn’t work. We are responsible to our clients. We are not responsible for our clients.
Let me say this again…
We are responsible *to* our clients, not *for* our clients.
And there are two messages here for us. Most of us are coaches, teachers or healers AND we are clients to someone. We are not responsible for the success or failure of others and no coach, mentor, or teacher will ever be responsible for the success of US. And this is where it can get into some pretty tricky marketing waters… you see all of us share our client triumphs and testimonials as celebrations and announcements to the world to market our services, but the truth is…
EVERY PERSON IS 100% RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR SUCCESS AND FAILURES
We use mentors, coaches, teachers, and practitioners to offer motivation, inspiration, strategy, support, and wisdom, but then we are left to do all the heavy lifting. We are responsible. We create our own destiny. Sometimes that is hard because we would rather say we signed up for the wrong program, took the wrong class, or got the wrong coach (and sometimes there are situations that are wrong – ethically, personality, or otherwise). But, if we are to be a conscious society, a tribe of world changers, and the leaders of the global shift towards responsibility we must start now.
We are not responsible for our clients, we are responsible to them.
The only person responsible for OUR success is US.
Here are some quick tips to guide you through this:
1) Find a way to clear the energy you have around clients scenarios; you need to be ready for the next client. You need to be energized and present for the next experience. (I love using essential oils for this)
2) Remember to seek out coaches and programs that you resonate with; combine their client testimonial experiences with the energy and connection you have with their message.
3) Take full responsibility for your results. For me, when I did this the results were faster and sweeter.
4) Be aware that you can’t help everyone. Not every person may be a fit for you. Not every person will be ready.
5) Love all. Love the client relationships that work. Love the ones that don’t.
6) Don’t worry about who gets the credit for success. One of my mentors says, “We can all succeed if we don’t worry about who gets the credit.”
Responsibility in all we do is a cornerstone to our success, our business vision, and the impact we have on the world.
(c) 2009 Suzanne Evans
About the author: Suzanne Evans is best known as the ‘action expert’ and has coached hundreds of solopreneurs to model her multiple six figure business. Learn how you can help more people, make more money and have more fun doing what you love by signing up for your free copy of the 5-Part Mini-Course ‘Awakening Your Authentic Entrepreneur’ at http://www.helpmorepeople.com